Triton ICP-OES Water Test
** Now offering quantity discounts! See below.
"Empowered Reefkeeping" is at the core of the Triton Method , and it all starts with information about your aquarium's water. For the time ever, reefkeepers have access to the most detailed analysis of aquarium water ever developed. Developed over several years at his facility in Dusseldorf, Germany, Triton Labs founder, Ehsan Dashti has developed customized protocols to utilize Inductively Coupled Plasma-Optical Emmission Spectrometry analysis (ICP-OES) to literally rip molecules apart with plasma that is heated to 10,000 degrees Kelvin for analysis. The ICP-OES machine has been adapted by Ehsan to test seawater for the ultimate in accuracy. Water is tested for precise concentrations of lesser known elements found in seawater that are either essential and missing, or detrimental and building up to high levels in the aquarium. The elements being tested for include Na, Ca, Mg, K, Sr, B, Br, S, Li, Be, Ba, Ti, V, Cr, Mn, Fe, Co, Ni, Cu, Zn, Al, Si, As, Sb, Sn, Cd, Se, Mo, Hg, P (PO4), Pb, I.
The results provide you with the most detailed analysis of marine aquarium water you've ever seen, enabling you to understand exactly what's missing, what's excessive, and what to do about it. The results of Triton Reef’s testing are reported back to you online in a simple, easy-to-understand format. If you need to add trace elements, Triton offers ultra-pure trace elements to adjust deficiencies in your aquarium. The benefit to you is being able, for the first time, to add exactly what your corals require for long-term health and growth, or knowing exactly what is building up to potentially detrimental levels. The possibilities with the Triton Method include being able to precisely replicate natural the water chemistry conditions from reefs around the world, as well as creating higher potential for success with the information provided by the ICP-OES analysis.
We recommend purchasing a minimum of 3 tests, so that you can take a baseline reading of your reef, with a second test to track any adjustments made after the initial test, and a third test to determine what trace elements are being utilized at a higher rate than others after the initial adjustments.
- Visit Triton Labs website ( www.triton-lab.de ) and click on "Register". You will be prompted to provide a username, password, and email address.
- Collect the sample from your aquarium by rinsing the 2 test vials 3 times with aquarium water, then fill the vials completely and cap them tightly.
- Affix the label with your barcode number to the filled test vial. Log onto the website and click "Connect Barcode". Enter your barcode number to link your test sample up to Triton's database.
- Place the vial containing your sample into the self-addressed envelope provided and return to Triton-US.
- Please allow 7-14 days for transport and testing of the sample. (Coming in 2017: Under 3 day turnaround!)
- You will receive an email once the test sample has been processed and the results are available online. Log in to your account on the Triton site with your username and password to retrieve your test data.
*Triton Water Tests can be shipped with your livestock for no additional charge!
from $ 49.00